- Administrative Assistant
- School Van Driver
- Substitute Teachers
- K-6 Art Teacher
- 1st Grade Teaching Assistant (Full Time)
FTE: Part Time Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
MISSION: With an uncompromising commitment to exceptional academics and universal Jewish values, we ignite a passion for learning that propels our students to become caring and engaged global citizens.
Brandeis Marin, a K-8 Jewish Day School in San Rafael, CA has an immediate opening for a School Van Driver with a valid CDL license. The successful candidate will have experience driving a van or school bus as well as working with children, and has transported grade school-aged kids to school in the past. Our School Van Driver is an essential part of our school faculty and culture, and will be driving students to and from school each day.
* Transport children to and from school in the mornings and/or afternoons
* Follow a planned route on a time schedule.
* Maintain a clean and mechanically-sound van at all times
* Obey all traffic laws
* Perform inspections of the van before and after each route
* Ensure safety of all students
* Ensure children stay in their seat at all times.
* Assist students with getting on and off the bus when required
* Attend monthly safety meetings
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* No at-fault traffic accidents in the last 5 years
* Clean driving record (no traffic citations in last 5 years)
* Ability to carry out assigned route on time
* Excellent communication skills
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education and position requirements. More information about the school can be found on our website at www.brandeismarin.org .
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required.
This position reports to Operations Manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementing lesson plans (when available) and ensuring the integrity of academic time an in a manner that motivates students to learn and participate
- Creating on occasion lessons for students when lesson plans are not available
- Maintaining discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive learning environment for all students and staff in accordance with school policies
- Ensuring adequate supervision to assure health, welfare and safety of all students
- Performing any other related duties assigned by administrator(s), such as supervising children on the playground, monitoring lunch, and carpool
- Reporting to the Main Office upon arrival to and departure from school; checking mailbox of absent teacher for any materials requiring immediate attention; requesting clarification of school rules and procedure, if necessary
- Reporting all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible
- Taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities
- Dismissing all students from the classroom before leaving the building
- Leaving documentation of the daily work and leaving student papers for the regular classroom teacher
- Returning instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper places
- A.A. or B.A. degree with a background in Education or Child Development preferred, but not required
- Love of children
- Solid understanding of child development
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be "on-call" for both short-term and long-term positions
- Dependable, responsible and reliable
- Sense of humor
- Positive outlook
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong emotional well-being
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Great ability to multi-task
- Flexible and ability to think on one's feet
Compensation is competitive. Please send cover letter and resume by e-mail to: email@example.com
Brandeis Marin is a K-8 Jewish Day School in San Rafael, CA. With an uncompromising commitment to exceptional academics and universal Jewish values, Brandeis Marin ignites a passion for learning that propels our students to become caring and engaged global citizens.
Brandeis Marin seeks a motivated educator for the 2019-20 school year to support our 1st Grade classrooms The Teaching Assistant position is ideal for individuals beginning a career in education and/or in a credential or graduate program. The position reports to classroom Lead Teachers and to the Dean of Lower School.
The 1st Grade Teaching Assistant will support several different Lead Teachers. Observing and collaborating with Lead Teachers and participating in all aspects of school life, Teaching Assistants gain valuable experience and training. Teaching Assistants will observe and support both Core Academics and Jewish Studies curriculum.
Teaching Assistants receive observations and feedback and will be coached by their Lead Teachers and Division Dean about classroom management, curriculum planning, social emotional development, technology use, students with learning differences, and assessment.
A minimum of undergraduate degree, a desire to pursue a career in education, and strong preference for individuals in credentialing and/or advanced degree programs in Education. Knowledge about Jewish culture and values is a plus.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education and position requirements. Medical, dental, life and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at www.brandeismarin.org.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required. Experienced candidates with relevant experience who already live in Marin County, San Francisco, Sonoma County or East Bay, please!