For more information about the application process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Job Openings
Brandeis Marin is an independent K-8 school in San Rafael, California offering rigorous academics, creative curriculum, and a welcoming community. We are looking for individuals with pleasant dispositions, positive outlooks, and genuine, caring attitudes for children. Candidates should have experience driving a van or school bus as well as working with children. Perfect for people seeking part-time work or for Uber and Lyft drivers! Our School Van Driver is an essential part of our school faculty and culture, and will be driving students to and from school each day.
We are looking for two different drivers who would cover the following shifts:
Morning & Afternoon Driver: Monday to Friday
6:45 to 8:15 am;
2:30 to 4:00 pm
Afternoon Driver: Monday to Friday
2:30 to 4:00 pm
Your major responsibilities would be to:
- Safely transport students to and from school.
- Assist students in the loading and unloading processes.
- Obey traffic laws.
- Follow a planned route, according to the time schedule.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections.
- Maintain the vehicle in great working condition.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
Minimum Requirements for the job:
- High School diploma or GED.
- No at-fault traffic accidents or citations for the last 5 years.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license for at least 8 years.
- All driver applicants must pass a background check and drug test.
This job is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma.
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Great for applicants that would like to work early morning and an afternoon hour and have a long break in the middle of the day.
Apply today to become a part of our team!
Brandeis Marin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position reports to Operations Manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementing lesson plans (when available) and ensuring the integrity of academic time an in a manner that motivates students to learn and participate
- Creating on occasion lessons for students when lesson plans are not available
- Maintaining discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive learning environment for all students and staff in accordance with school policies
- Ensuring adequate supervision to assure health, welfare and safety of all students
- Performing any other related duties assigned by administrator(s), such as supervising children on the playground, monitoring lunch, and carpool
- Reporting to the Main Office upon arrival to and departure from school; checking mailbox of absent teacher for any materials requiring immediate attention; requesting clarification of school rules and procedure, if necessary
- Reporting all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible
- Taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities
- Dismissing all students from the classroom before leaving the building
- Leaving documentation of the daily work and leaving student papers for the regular classroom teacher
- Returning instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper places
- A.A. or B.A. degree with a background in Education or Child Development preferred, but not required
- Love of children
- Solid understanding of child development
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be "on-call" for both short-term and long-term positions
- Dependable, responsible and reliable
- Sense of humor
- Positive outlook
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong emotional well-being
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Great ability to multi-task
- Flexible and ability to think on one's feet
Compensation is competitive. Please send cover letter and resume by e-mail to: email@example.com